Training – Business Process Improvement
BPI 1 – ECITB Supervisory Toolkit
Course provides delegates’ essential skills and knowledge of how to be an effective Supervisor through increased self-awareness and greater understanding of leadership fundamentals and styles.
The course also provides demonstrated examples of effective time management and communication and provides information and learning of how to improve time management as well as managing employees to higher levels of performance.
The course also provides knowledge of health and safety principles and essential employment law.
Who Should Attend
New or established Supervisors, Team Leaders, line Managers or Technical Authorities or those aspiring to hold management positions for the first time.
- Understand the difference between leadership and management and how these may be applied in the work environment;
- Able to interpret specific situations to a style of leadership and how to apply such styles;
- Recognize the need for, and apply techniques required to successfully motivate your work team;
- Manage own personal effectiveness through time management, planning and delegation techniques;
- Understand communication techniques and be able to apply these to ensure effective exchange of information;
- The essentials of efficient and effective meetings, both at day-to-day level, i.e. tool box talks into more structured operational and project meetings;
- In overview, the legal responsibility supervisors have for health and safety and employment law.
10 to 16
Classroom based with group exercises