Training – Business Process Improvement
BPI 3 – ECITB Building and Managing Teams
This training course aims to introduce Supervisors to the practical tools used to lead a team including planning, appraisal, development and reporting.
Who Should Attend
New or established Supervisors, Team Leaders, Line Managers
- Ability to prepare high quality written and verbal reports;
- Effective use of different styles of communication appropriate to business needs;
- Introduction to coaching as a tool to motivate and maximize individual potential;
- Ability to conduct job instruction in the workplace and to review the effectiveness of any training both to the individual and the team as a whole;
- Ability to present information effectively during meetings and different forums e.g. tool box talks and how to deal effectively with multi-cultural audiences;
- Ability to manage conflict with subordinates if / when it occurs;
- Understanding when and how to negotiate to obtain win- win results;
- Knowledge of when and how to use different types of appraisals to positively influence personal development;
- Handling personal emotion and managing disagreements.
10 to 16
Classroom based with group exercises